The Techno-geek Diaries

Frequent ramblings of a geeky technical writing consultant in the north of Israel

17 April 2007

Zurich, part 2

The power of the online check-in: Gill and I try El Al's online check-in, and it really works. Shlepping one carry-on bag each, we roll through everything at an amazing rate. I have to stuff some things from one bag to another, but no major problem. There is a guy behind me in line who nervously awaits the El Al check-in clerk's verdict. "It's the first time I've tried this," he says, "and I'm waiting for something to go wrong."

The only thing I forgot (so far) is my special card that lets you go through automatic passport control. Gill remembered his. It is usually a huge time saver, but with things ticking along so smoothly, it is no real surprise that I end up clearing passport control before him!

So with almost an hour to kill before the flight, we have time to relax, wander around, and enjoy the new terminal, which is really gorgeous. I've already flow in and out of it many times since it was completed, but I still appreciate the design. The fountain is not running right now, but the whole place is still light and airy and, at an hour like this when it isn't jam packed, the place very nice.

Gill has gone off to explore the duty free shops. Onward, onward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home