The Techno-geek Diaries

Frequent ramblings of a geeky technical writing consultant in the north of Israel

17 April 2007

Zurich, part 1

We're off: After a busy few days of trying to get all the loose ends tied up, I'm ready for a trip. We head to Zurich for TAC (the conference held by the TransAlpine chapter of Society for Technical Communication). The TransAlpine guys proudly refer to themselves as "the chocolate chapter," and we are looking forward to sampling some great chocolate. And cheese. But not together...

I'll try to keep blogging from the road, thanks to my gee-how-can-you-type-on-that-thing tiny little Fujitsu Lifebook, still so new that I haven't figured out where all the ports are yet.

That's "Madam Director" to you: Election results are in, and I am now about to officially start my three-year term on the board of directors of STC. First order of business: mandatory cow costumes at all board meetings.

Another tragedy: I'm horrified to hear about the shootings at Virginia Tech. My heart goes out to the families and friends of all the victims, and to all students and faculty traumatized by this terrible event. What is to blame for the "go postal" syndrome that we are seeing in the States? I'm sure that the pundits will be busy analyzing this for some time.

1 Comments:

At Fri Apr 20, 07:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My best congratulations to "Madam Director" on this really remarkable event!

hooligan_squirrel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home