Welcome Back!
Bread... mmmmmm: It's back to business as usual for all but the nation's school kids, who have another few days of vacation. Pesach officially ended last night with blow-out Mimuna parties, though we failed to snag an invite this year. [Mimuna is a Moroccan tradition of welcoming the end of Pesach with an assortment of goodies, all sweet and fattening. Karmiel mayor, Adi Aldar, who is himself of Moroccan descent, used to host a big Mimuna party in the part every year. How did my invite get lost in the mail? I want muflatah!!]
I see that many of have returned and are catching up on the backlog. All that talk about Pesach, however, seems to have scared off my mystery readers in Saudi Arabia, China, and Mauritania. Hmmmm.
You think the war was scary? Try driving here. Sheesh!
Miss Thing wants more bling: Nadine's birthday is tomorrow, 11 April. The Divine Miss Sugar Peeps will be 13 and is expecting rather lavish gifts (or at least some high fat brie and a bit of chocolate pudding). Surprisingly, I am having trouble finding a push-up bra in her size. I guess she is just destined to keep sagging and jiggling. But it's really true what they say about cats: once you've had fat, you'll never want flat. Anyhow, you have until tomorrow's post to think of a fitting birthday greeting for her.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home