Whining 'n Dining
Break out the bubbly: Gill and I head out to our favorite Karmiel restaurant to celebrate our half-anniversary (7.5 years, waddaya know). Towards the end of the meal, a guy who looks like a handyman stomps in and asks us how everything is. Turns out he is the chef. Also turns out that he is a very charming guy from Mexico, and we have a nice chat about Mexican food. The moral of the story: don't judge a chef by his plumber's crack.
The other day I saw a deranged street person walking down the sidewalk, holding an animated conversation with himself. Since street people are a very rare sight here, I did a double-take. He was clearly having some sort of psychotic episode—waving his hands, arguing with himself—but he seemed awfully well groomed for a homeless guy. Only as he neared me did I spot the Bluetooth receiver hooked over his ear and the cell phone clipped onto his belt.


1 Comments:
Hi Leah,
This actually has nothing to do with your blog, but I thought maybe you might be able to help me with something.
I live in Karmiel (for approximately 11 years now), I am an Anglo, and have had a very hard time finding other Anglos to become friends with. I have been to the folk club, but other than that, I reall don't know where to meet people.
I have a feeling that you are probably involved in the community in Karmiel, and might be able to give me some ideas on where I might actually meet other Anglos, any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks
Shelley
Post a Comment
<< Home