Under Fire, part 11
So that's why it was so loud! This picture was just posted on one of the news feeds: that's kikar habonim, at the entrance to our neighborhood. This was a lovely, green spot in the center of the traffic circle. It was full of bright flowers and lovely little bushes. Now the sculpture is riddled with shrapnel. This intersection is about 200 meters from our house.

Nadine and I are over our adrenaline jolt; Nadine is back on her favorite chair, and I am eagerly awaiting Gill's return.
More and more friends are posting blogs as a way to keep friends and family updated. It is also one of the ways to cope with the stress. It is heartening to think of all those people, industriously typing away, and reporting to the world from bomb shelters and security rooms.
Meanwhile, a small group of people in Tel Aviv feel compelled to demonstrate against the war. I guess for them, since they don't have rockets raining down on their houses, this war is an abstract concept that can be discussed as a political issue. Yet I find it fascinating that—after all this time and painful experience—there are still people out there who believe that we can appease terrorists and get them to abide by a peace accord.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home