The Techno-geek Diaries

Frequent ramblings of a geeky technical writing consultant in the north of Israel

23 July 2006

Under Fire, part 9

When will this end? We take two hits. Close. The sirens go off while I am upstairs, and I don't quite make it to the stairwell when the first rocket strikes with a deafening impact. The second is so close that I see the green flash. They hit right over the bridge at the entrance to our neighborhood, near an assisted living home for the elderly. There are definitely injuries, because I can see ambulances heading out towards Nahariya (ironically the nearest hospital). You cannot imagine the noise and damage; I wonder if these are the "new and improved" ketushot.

I can't stop shaking. Now I understand why people have to be treated for shock.

Two friends call, but I can barely talk to them. I sit on the floor in the security room, and for the first time since this started, I cry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home