The Techno-geek Diaries

Frequent ramblings of a geeky technical writing consultant in the north of Israel

09 September 2006

Special Birthday Issue

September 8th is a birthday shared by two fabulous women, each talented and glamorous in her own way. The woman on the right is the one-and-only Patsy Cline, born 8 September 1932. Patsy, of course, died at the young age of 30 when a plane crash ended her brilliant singing career. But the lovely woman on the left, born 8 September 1931, just celebrated her 75th birthday yesterday and is still going strong. A famous Hollywood starlet? A Russian ballerina? Nope. That's my mom, Janet. So join me in wishing them both a happy birthday.


22 Comments:

At Sat Sep 09, 07:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Janet,
Happy Birthday! It's been quite a while since we spoke. I may be visiting some friends in Seattle this November - not sure yet. Perhaps we can meet...

Regards
Morris (Santa Barbara)

 
At Sat Sep 09, 07:03:00 PM, Blogger SavtaDotty said...

Hi Janet,
Happy Birthday! I haven't been to Seattle in a long time, but I still remember our delightful lunch at your (former) house.
Keep on keeping on!
Dorothy (Tel Aviv)

 
At Sat Sep 09, 07:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Janet,
HAPYY BIRTHDAY!! I only hope I have a fraction of the energy that you do at 75! I hope all's well in Ballard, and may you continue to enjoy what unfolds in this latest chapter...
much love,
(your behind-in-communicating niece)
Laurie

 
At Sat Sep 09, 07:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi to Janet Guren from Nancy, Adil, and your granddaughter Nadine's email buddy, Freddie,

Happy Birthday and many more!

 
At Sat Sep 09, 07:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Janet! Your daughter, Leah, is one of my favorite people on the planet. I hope this next year is wonderful and adventurous and happy for you. --Judy Glick-Smith

 
At Sat Sep 09, 08:06:00 PM, Blogger Madam Attitude said...

Happy Birthday Janet! You deserve Joy & Happiness as you have given so much to others throughout your life!
Be Well & May All your Days be Happy & Joyful ones!

 
At Sat Sep 09, 09:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Janet,

Since you are my friend Leah's mother, you must be pretty special! Happy, happy birthday. Have a great day & a healthy, happy year to come.

Shana Tova,

Lynne Glasman

 
At Sat Sep 09, 10:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you, Janet oom-Leah! Mazal tov, ad me'ah esrim!

Caroline from Winnipeg

 
At Sun Sep 10, 03:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Janet! It was wonderful seeing you at the wedding last year. Love, Shira

 
At Sun Sep 10, 08:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Janet,

Happy birthday, and many more.

May you continue to run circles around others half you age for many years to come.

All the best,
Karen Kozek, a friend of Leah's and a big fan of Patsy Cline.

 
At Sun Sep 10, 09:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Janet:

As a friend of Leah and the Polster-Coleman family, I just want to wish you a mazel tov and a very happy birthday.

Laura

 
At Sun Sep 10, 09:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Janet!!! Great month, great women. My mom has a birthday this month, too. She turns 80 next week.

Greetings from Vienna, Austria, and many, many best wishes for much joy and great health.

Vici Koster-Lenhardt

 
At Sun Sep 10, 12:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shalom Janet,

Mazal Tov and have a happy, happy birthday.

Larry Rosenfeld
In Other Words

 
At Sun Sep 10, 01:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Janet!

As an almost 50-year-old woman, I am always searching for women who are growing older with grace and strength and wisdom. You definitely fit the bill!

Wishing you a lovely birthday. Hope to see you soon in Israel.

Renee (Leah's friend from Shorashim)

 
At Mon Sep 11, 01:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buon Compleanno, Janet!

This Happy Birthday comes from Italy:)! Best wishes to my friend Leah's mom.

Claudia.

 
At Mon Sep 11, 11:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Janet,

I hope you have a wonderful birthday.

Many happy returns of the day!

Best wishes,

Marcie Schreier
(Leah's friend from Karmiel).

 
At Mon Sep 11, 07:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Janet,

Have an wonderful Birthday! Your daughter is someone I had an imediated conection to the very first time we met!

We met once in Seattle when Leah was visiting, I own the Curves in Leschi.
Enjoy your big day!

Erica

New York City

 
At Mon Sep 11, 08:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Leah's mom from Leah's next door neighbor on Shvil Tishrei in Karmiel. And a good and health New Year for you and your family.

Cathy Rozenman Tamari

 
At Mon Sep 11, 10:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Janet--I hope this is a year of personal and professional growth, and most importantly, a year of good health. May you go from strength to strength. Dan Polster

 
At Tue Sep 12, 02:45:00 PM, Blogger Zehava said...

Way to go, Janet!
Mazal tov on reaching this wonderful milestone. Onward to 120!

Laura
(Leah's friend and sometimes co-teacher from Haifa)

 
At Tue Sep 12, 07:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Janet,
You are indeed an inspiration. I'll call soon.
Megan

 
At Thu Sep 21, 06:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Janet--

I know you still do keep me running around in circles!! Perfect tai chi circles that is...
Belated b-day congrats!! And I love seeing the pic of you from back then. But you are equally gorgeous today!
Cheers,
--Nils (Seattle, WA)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home