The Techno-geek Diaries

Frequent ramblings of a geeky technical writing consultant in the north of Israel

06 September 2006

The Lull, part 8

The horror, the horror: Dr. Ofer, our polite and ever-patient vet, tells us to put Nadine on a 24-hour fast. Water only. Nadine, sensing the direction of the conversation, begins to wail. This is a cat who likes to nosh every hour or so—a cat who screams at us for treats—a cat who is sure to make our life a living hell if we cut off the food supply for even five minutes. I call Gill to give him the bad news. There is a long pause as the sheer horror of the situation sinks in. Pray for us, my friends...


Love me, love my bike: A friend sends this picture, which amuses my mountain-biking husband to no end. "Yes?" he says, "Your point would be...?"

Nadine is fixing me with an evil eye. I must be strong. I... must... be... strong!! Aaaaaauuuuuuhhhhh!!!!

2 Comments:

At Wed Sep 06, 03:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get well soon, Nadine!
I have a cat too, so I sympathize.
Don't get me started on his urinary tract infection and subsequent treatment. We were both wrecks!!

 
At Thu Sep 07, 08:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nadine:

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Give 'em hell, honey!

Love and kisses,

Muffin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home