We're In!
Tea Packs gets the green light: After some of the Finish officials throwing a hissy-fit over the lyrics of "Push the Button" (Kobi Oz's anti-nuke song that Israel voted to send to Eurovision this year to represent the country), we've finally been cleared for take-off. The irony was that the very Finish Eurovision official who found the theme inappropriate for the pop song contest had clearly forgotten about Kojo, the band that represented Finland in 1982 with an anti-nuke song. Thanks to Northern LS for the morning update. Bet you can't wait to see what our Palestinian neighbors send to represent themselves in 2008, the first year that they will be competing in the contest.
It only hurts when I laugh: What would we do without friends sending us the odd bit of humor? After another day of headaches and fevers, I am reminded by friend Kathy that this is just another salmon day (you spend the whole day fighting your way upstream, only to get screwed in the end). Part of the frustrating sense of futility comes from having a software application crap out for no reason. I spend three hours doing something that should have taken 20 minutes. Finally, I take a monkey bath (a bath so hot that when you lower yourself into the water, you say, "ooh, ooh, ah, ah!"). Outside, a spectacular spring storm rages, with thunder and lightenging and pounding rain. I stay in the bath and finish a book. OK, so I may be a salmon, but a delicately cooked one...
It's been a few days since we've had a kitty picture: Nadine's cousin Gingy is chowing down with her step-sibbling, Fuzzy.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home