I Feel for You
Misery loves company: What does your lowly Techno-geek have in common with the one and only Dave Barry? Read what Dave reports in his blog:
If you're not already hooked on Dave Barry's blog, check it out.I have spent large chunks of the past few days trying to solve a computer problem that involves (cue ominous music) two different companies. I will call these companies by the code names "Fell Fomputer" and "Ferizon Fireless." I believe I have talked to every employee at both companies at least twice. Each time I get to a new person, I explain my problem, and each time the person I'm talking to -- who really, really wants to help me with my problem -- decides, after much review and conferring while I remain on hold, that I need to talk to another person. This has become my life. I take my daughter to school, then I call my new friends at Fell and Ferizon.
Have pity on me.
Beauty pagent blues: Gill forces me to watch part of the Miss Israel 2007 Pagent last night. It starts with Tsvika Pick mangling the English in an Abba song, and then goes downhill from there. The only interesting political spin was that one of the 20 finalists, a young woman from a Druze village, pulled out of the competition because of pressure from her family. The remaining finalists were paraded around in some of the most hideous outfits we've ever seen, so perhaps her decision was a good one!
Mindless celebrity gossip: Leonardo Dicaprio is dating Israeli model Bar Rafaeli. His visit here has the media in a feeding frenzy when he visits the Western Wall and Yad Vashem.
UN releases report: On a more serious note, the UNESCO report confirms that we didn't damage the Temple Mount. Naturally, after the initially flurry of the world press pointing fingers at us, this news will get buried.


2 Comments:
Actually, as I heard it, the incident with the Druze beauty contestant was more serious than simple pressure from her family: death threats, from members of the Druze community, were involved.
And the whole thing with Leonardo Dicaprio was a farce! There really ought to be a hunting season for Paparazzi!
I was annoyed that I couldn't watch my favorite series "Merchak Negia" because of the stupid contest.
I switched on the set to see if it was finished and saw a crowd of young women in silly meringue dresses, looking like brides with the worst taste I've ever seen.
Down with the patriarchy!
Post a Comment
<< Home