Six Days?!
Can it really be that long? I drag myself back online and realize that I haven't posted since (gasp!) last Friday. Egads. I have become that most pathetic creature:
the lackadaisical blogger
I feel slovenly and unproductive, as if I had been caught with an unmade bed by a surprise visit from a nosy neighbor. I wonder if I am growing to be like my cat. Slothful. Indulgent. Broad-of-beam.
Oh, those wacky, litigious Americans: Reader LS in the mercaz sends me this article about over-the-top warning labels. You mean you're not supposed to put the cellphone in the dryer?
So much news, so little time: Lots of stuff going on here, but mostly depressing:
- A local teenager, Ma'ayan Ben Horin, from a community just a few kilometers away, went missing and, two days later, was found dead. Everyone is in an uproar (this kind of thing doesn't happen very often).
- Hamas spokes-goons announces their intent to import ketusha technology, as they can't "improve" on the Qassams (i.e., make them longer range, more accurage, more deadly, etc.). If they succeed, the southern half of Israel will come under fire, not just communities close to Gaza, like S'derot (still getting bombarded on a daily basis). Meanwhile, the Jewish Agency tries to plant the seeds of peace for the next generation. It is a commendable goal, and the right thing to do, but probably about as effective as trying to put out a forest fire by pissing on it.
- And so much for those lovely handshake moments with Abbas... (Of course, our own MK Ahmed Tibi joins in...)
- We lose a drone in Gaza.
- Doctors have apparently become so sloppy that someone had to invent a way to keep them from leaving scalpels inside of patients.
What happens when you give a cat a perm? Check out these Cornish Rex kitties! One of my students raises and shows cats internationally. They look smug, but I guess winning all those ribbons and trophies has gone to their curly little heads. Nadine, worried that other cats are grabbing the spotlight on my blog, demands another photo-op:



1 Comments:
I just took a close up look at this picture of Nadine. You have got some nerve picking on my Patches (who's lovingly "grown into" his name) when you've got this mottled pinky belly, scruffy furred beast at home! Just look at that raggedy right leg. At least while Patches is licking himself bald, he making clean lines...
Post a Comment
<< Home