Being Sick Sucks
It's baaaaacccckkk! If you've even had the sensation that your head was filled with molten Cream of Wheat, then you've probably had a sinus infection. Just when I think that I safely got over that little cold, it managed to morph into something far nastier and more painful. I lose my voice (making teaching a bit tricky), my energy, and even my equilibrium as the infection spreads to my ear (yes, just one side so far) and then bronchial tubes. But even when I'm feeling miserable, I have my deliciously warm, soft, squishy sack of kitty blubber (aka Miss Nadine) snuggling up to me and purring. And let's not forget ever-patient Gill, bringing me cups of tea and mixing my medicine.
They're baaaaacccckkk! Oh, those wacky guys on the UN Human Rights Council. They're back, and they're more insane than ever. Chuckle at their playful antics as they ignore genocide and torture around the world so that they can focus all their attention on us.
He's baaaaacccckkk! They finally nabbed Benny Sela, the serial rapist who escaped from prison two weeks ago, leaving the police with much to explain. Irate citizens put up posters of Selah's mug shot with a bulls-eye superimposed. He's lucky the police found him first.
A dog is not a fashion accessory: My sister Tracy insists that I post this. Nadine, who weighs almost 7.5 kilos (about 16 pounds) scornfully dismisses all these tiny, pocket-sized dogs. Heck, she's horked up hairballs bigger than that...


1 Comments:
On the bright side, Irene Khan, Secretary General of Amnesty International appeared last night on television and for a change, criticized Palestinian attacks on civilians in Israel, as well as the opposite.
Nice change.
Get well soon!!
Post a Comment
<< Home