The Techno-geek Diaries

Frequent ramblings of a geeky technical writing consultant in the north of Israel

25 November 2006

Blog-on-the-road, Part 11: Last Day

The next generation: Friday afternoon, the next generation descends upon us. Three cousins, two with partners, all smart, funny, and energetic. It is great to see them doing so well out there in the cold, cruel world. The youngest of the batch is finishing a degree in graphic design, and I am quite impressed with the quality of his work. Also represented: a math teacher and an English teacher, and it was great to sit back and listen to them swap classroom war stories.

On Shabbat, I have a chance to speak at Temple Israel. I share with them some of my experiences of the war, and enjoy meeting some of the members of the congregation.

It's been a long trip. I leave for home tonight and look forward to getting back to my normal schedule. Expect more news, politics, current events (and, of course, annoying videos) in a few days.

1 Comments:

At Fri Dec 01, 05:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To correct the record - those smart, talented next generation cousins are in fact Leah's nephews and their spouses: my son, Lior Klirs (the English teacher) and his wife, Ariella Hanker (Biochem PhD candidate), my middle son, Carni Klirs (the graphic design major), and Denise's oldest son, Tavi Guren (the math teacher) and his fiancee, Anna Minsky (urban planner and family historian).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home