The Techno-geek Diaries

Frequent ramblings of a geeky technical writing consultant in the north of Israel

16 November 2006

Blog-on-the-road, Part 5: California Dreamin'


La dolce vita: After a horrific day of slow travel, delays, aborted hotel check-ins, anti-social one-way streets, and a sore throat that just won't quit, I wake to the ambient sounds of Little Italy starting another day. My folks, gamely flying down to join me in San Diego for a few days (and escape Seattle's depressing rain), discover yesterday that their reserved hotel is a horrid dump. Luckily, the cute little pensione that I'm staying at in Little Italy has an extra room, so my folks are now in the room next to me!



The tiny hotel sits above a little Italian cafe, and I get my first decent cup of coffee of the trip. With a sunny day in store, we hope to enjoy the sites. Last night's walk along the waterfront was delightful, and we're looking forward to a bit more R&R before I have my next training session.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home