Gotta Love a Geek
What do you have on your i-Mate? Gill struggles getting his i-Mate (one of those third generation phone/PDAs) to sync with his laptop. I locate a website with tech support, and in the process am amused to note that they offer a new download—Pocket Quran! It's at the bottom of the list, way after some security apps, a crossword puzzle, and Craps Multiplay, from which I can only assume that there are more gamblers than devout Moslems using i-Mates. I'm still waiting to see an Amish Message-of-the-Day utility.
The final frenzy: My work pace is so frenetic right now that I actually dream presentation material. And that, my friends, is not fun. It reminds me of a particularly painful project on an old, cranky version of FrameMaker (back when men were men and WYSIWYG apps were not yet a gleam in the eye of us Windows users). The formatting was so mind-numbingly tedious that I had tag codes floating through my dreams at night. Time for a vacation, indeed. I'm actually at the point where the flight to the States seems like a chance to unwind. Cattle class, no less.
Stretch and kvetch: After two days without a workout, I try for an easy routine this morning. Nadine sits and watches me. She is fascinated that I would exert myself for no apparent reason. When I start working abs, she comes and squats on my stomach, purring softly. My own personal trainer...


1 Comments:
What are men nowadays?
Post a Comment
<< Home