Here's What You've Been Missing
Living out of suitcases sure cuts down on my ability to keep up with my little corner of the world. I'm not home yet, but I hope these items will serve as a quickie "fix" for those of you who are news junkies:
- HaPoel Tel Aviv beats Paris SG, leading to attacks on fans of the Israeli team. Paris Mayor Bertrand Delanoe finally wakes up to the real problem of anti-semitism in his city.
- Qassam rockets are killing and injuring residents in S'derot and surrounding towns. Sarah Leah Whitson, Middle East director at Human Rights Watch, makes no bones about it by labeling the use of these rockets war crimes, and demanding that Hamas take responsibility for stopping these attacks. This is a surprise, in that the organization has always been critical of Israel. Bradley Burston writes about it in his column.
- More European academics target Israel, as Germany is added to the list. Petra Marquardt-Bigman says, "With friends like these, who needs enemies!"
- Israel needs to speak out against the genecide in Darfur. While I agree with Rabbi Sherlo's op ed piece, I should add that Israeli citizens have been extremely generous in their efforts.
- Even Time Magazine says that it is no secret that Hezbullah is rearming with the help of Iran.
There is no shortage of bad, depressing, and even alarming news. But we can't let ourselves become frozen by fear.
Onward...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home