Under Fire, part 40
Ow, ow, ow!! We're standing around in the meimad during another siren blast when a ketusha hits. Not super close, but close enough to make me jump. In one of my more graceful moments, I manage to flinch at exactly the wrong moment and poke myself in the eye. Ow! Gill looks at me and shakes his head in amazement. (I'm not sure if he is amazed that the noise still makes me jump, or that I am so klutzy.)
A real ow: It is a more painful day for Karmiel as we get news that another of our guys is killed; this is the fifth soldier from Karmiel killed in fighting so far. Seems way too many for such a small city.
...and a real wow: IDF announces that a quarter of a million Israelis have had to evacuate from their homes in the north, and about 2500 hundred people have been diagnosed with PTSD (Post-traumatic Stress Disorder). Social workers are being kept busy.


1 Comments:
Leah, I can't get your home page to come up (although I can go to individual threads).
I realise this might not be your top priority at the moment, but thought I would mention it.
Post a Comment
<< Home