The Dog Ate My Backup
Well, no, not really: Did anyone notice that my post from 07 October mysteriously vanished? I doubt that anyone would be motivated to hack such a lame site as this blog, so I have to assume that I accidentally deleted it from my blogger dashboard. Oops. Didn't have a backup (double oops). More to the point, I don't even remember what I wrote. I've said it before and I'll say it again—getting old sucks! And yes, I know all about the importance of doing backups; I just got sloppy. So, thus chastised, I spend an hour today making sure that everything else is backed up and organized.
Funny, that doesn't make me smell any better: While standing in line at the drugstore today, this sign catches my eye. (Good thing my cell phone has a built-in camera feature.)
And lest you think that this was a signage typo, here is the actual package:
Is this a real brand name? And if so, why?

A lovely gift: Gill's father gives us this gorgeous live orchid as a new year's gift. I hope my notoriously brown thumb doesn't kill the darn thing.




2 Comments:
1. Yes, it's a real brand name.
2. Because it's eye-catching, while providing [im]plausible deniability.
Whether intentionally or otherwise, it makes use of the phenomenon that was making the email rounds a few months ago, supposedly based on research at some prestigious university, which demonstrated that as long as the first and last consonants are in the right place, English speakers are perfectly capable of reading mangled text.
That brand is old hat. I see it all the time on the T here in Boston.
Post a Comment
<< Home